OMG I am one happy blogger. Some of you may have noticed the IFB logo and wondered what it means. IFB stands for Independent Fashion Bloggers – a community for independent fashion bloggers (doh!)
Well every week they invite their members to submit their best post of the week and they choose the best 20 to put in a round up called Links a la Mode. Well this week they have selected my recent post on japan’s influence on western fashion I’m soo overjoyed – I spent alot of time and effort on that post and glad my blood sweat and tears were worth it. So below you’ll find the weekly round up which includes loads of good posts by some really talented bloggers. You should go check them out
Edited by: Thom of The Sunday Best
With fashion weeks in full swing it would have been easy for the IFB fold to post multiple photos and call it a day. Hats off to these dedicated writers for continuing to pump out original content on often thorny issues (negative blogging anyone?). In particular it was nice to finally see more than one male blogger throwing his hat into the ring. Dressed for Dinner – we salute you and your lovely beard.
Links à la Mode: October 8th
- A la Modest: Bjork – the bold and bizarre living canvas
- Beauty and the Recession: 5 ways to avoid bitchy commenting
- Beyond Fabric: Buckle up
- Dressed for Dinner: The growth of menswear
- Fashion Limbo: How to grow old gracefully and happily
- For Those About To Shop: Giving back is the new black
- Forever Amber: Back to the asylum
- Fuyume: Japanese fashion’s influence on western style
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: The Money Myth of Fashion Blogging
- Oh la la Curves: We need diversity
- Oranges and Apples: Negative blogging
- Other Dutch Animals: Gap teeth: fashion trend?
- Qqueen of Hearts: Are you in it for the fame or fortune?
- Sam Sensibility: Is Gareth Pugh predicting a future without catwalks?
- Sparrow and Urchin: Henry Ford
- Sugar and Spice: Postscript – copying in fashion industry
- The Sunday Best: The curious appeal to authenticity
- The Taxonomy of My Wardrobe: Negative fashion bloggers – why?
- The Coveted: Nicole Miller’s preppy twist
- Watch This Place: Stockings and stereotypes